We work with stakeholders to improve care for persons suffering from chronic serious mental illness through cost-effective network enhancements:
- (a) a person-centered culture (instead of a program-centered),
- (b) financial & other incentives, based on performance & outcomes, for providers to better-serve this population;
- (c) more Lighthouse- like homes, i.e. community living properties with 24-hours per day and 7-days per week supportive staff inside these properties,
- (d) humane, well-regulated facilities for a secure residential treatment, involuntary as medically appropriate, for those who need more intensive care for a longer period of time to gain insight and continue their recovery in a less restrictive setting; and,
- (e) other possible solutions.